“When all is said and done, the real citadel of strength of any community is in the hearts and minds and desires of those who dwell there.” ~ Everett Dirksen
In all the summer madness, I was sorely lacking in blogging! Thankfully now I can (hopefully) catch up with all you fabulous readers and bloggers and that starts with some awards.
Over the Summer I was nominated by not one but TWO AMAZING bloggers for two different awards. It is always a nice surprise to be nominated by fellow bloggers and to be given a shout out by these two lovely ladies just gives me all the warm and fuzzies! So without further ado:
One Lovely Blog Award
I was nominated by the stunning Trina from Trending with Trina. She is a newer blogger who has taken the blogging world by storm! Seriously I am so impressed with the space she has created in this cyber world. While she loves beauty and fashion, she is always positive and inspiring. If you haven’t checked her blog out, run, not walk to read it!
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 others (I am only doing five)
- I am actually pretty shy, but once you get to know me watch out! I will not shut-up.
- I have literally been writing since I was five and blogging since I was ten (hello LiveJournal!)
- I am the youngest of five siblings.
- I have two tattoos.
- I am such a Gemini and can almost never pick just one answer (unless it is coffee or tea then coffee ALWAYS wins!)
- My happy place is literally at the ocean. While I technically live on an island I am looking to become more one with the ocean, which means a move is on the horizon!
- I am obsessed with Harry Potter, and own all the movies. Yet I only ever watch them when Freeform is having a Harry Potter Weekend (which is like once a month).
The Liebster Award
Brittany from Southern Lights and Atlanta Nights (how awesome is that name?) nominated me for the Liebster Award. Brittany’s blog is fun, informative, AND inspirational. She is a lifestyle blogger who writes about everything from fitness to fashion to those topics no one wants to talk about, but everyone should! She really is the absolute sweetest and a true class act! If you have not checked out her blog again you have to RUN not walk to read it.
1) Thank the blogger that nominated you!
2) Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
3) Nominate 11 blogs (I am only doing five)
4) Ask the bloggers 11 questions
Questions from the fabulous Brittany
- Tea or coffee? Definitely DEFINITELY coffee, though I am trying to become more of a tea drinker, but coffee will always be my first true love!
- Favorite genre of music? Truthfully it depends on my mood. I listen to anything from Broadway tunes, to hardcore rap, depending on how I feel and what I am writing dictates what I will listen too.
- Rom-Coms or Action films? In true Gemini fashion….Both. I will watch anything except horror.
- Cats or dogs? Finally! An easy question! Dogs! I am such a dog person and while I do not have one, some day I will have a little Lassie of my own, hopefully a klee kai, or husky version 🙂
- What is your favorite fruit? Ughhh another hard one! Strawberries, but a very close second is watermelon.
- Do you like feminine or masculine scents? Definitely feminine, though I won’t knock certain masculine scents.
- Where is your dream vacation? Another hard one probably either Zakynthos, Praiano, or Paris. I am actually hoping to go to Greece next year, fingers crossed!
- Favorite makeup brand? Ughhhh so hard, but I have become a Jane Iredale convert! Her make-up is amazing!
- Cake or pie? Since I use to own my own bakery and it was named Katie Kakes, definitely Kake 😉
- What is your favorite kind of ice cream? Vanilla with caramel. I LOVE ice cream!
- What are your 3 favorite songs of all time? Killing me here! I kid. I am not sure I can pick three of all time, but currently, Dear Evan Hansen, “You Will Be Found.” Ke$ha “Praying.” Demi Lovato, “Tell Me You Love Me.”
- Because I wouldn’t be me I have to borrow Brittany’s first one: coffee or tea?
- What is the last movie you saw?
- Favorite Fall accessory?
- How often do you blog?
- Do you dye your hair?
- Favorite thing to do in Fall?
- Where is your next vacation?
- What was your favorite thing you did this Summer?
- Lipstick or lipgloss (or both?)
- A physical book or an electronic reader?
- Facebook or Instagram?
Thank you again to Trina and Brittany for nominating me. It was such a sweet surprise. Please check out their and the nominees blogs and feel free to answer any of the questions yourself! <3