The Liebster Award: No Not Lobster Autocorrect
“Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.” ~Paul Ryan
Thank you so much to Jouska over at The Jouska Blog for the nomination. I am so incredibly honored you nominated me. I had a blast answering your questions. If you haven’t read her blog, please head over there and do so. I pinky promise you will love it and her!
The Liebster Award, while it may not be a Pulitzer Prize, (darn it!) feels great to be nominated. It is an amazing way to spread blogger love, introduce new people to other blogs as well as to get to know the people behind the posts. Nothing is better then sharing and spreading that love!
The rules are as follows:
Acknowledge the Blogger who nominated you and display the award.
Answer 11 questions that the Blogger gives you.
Nominate 5-11 Blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
Let the Bloggers know that you have nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
Answers to Jouska’s Questions:
1) What do you love most about blogging? I love connecting with people. Getting their in put and being inspired by them. I have met so many wonderful people. It is such a supportive and creative community. <3
2) What’s your all-time favourite movie? Oh lord the hard questions already! Maybe Miracle? I can watch it over and over again.
3) Which book makes you laugh out loud? On the spot pressure! Oy vey! I can’t think of any particular book, but there are several authors like Meg Cabot and Maureen Johnson who I can guarantee will make me laugh. I will be on the subway and just burst out…And I swear I am not crazy! Much! Giving this question more thought (because I have way to much tome on my hands) Chelsea Handler in particular Are you there Vodka? Its Me Chelsea laugh out loud funny.
4) What’s the one thing you carry around with you everywhere you go? I think the most popular answer to this, would be phone or debit card. While that is true, I am going against the crowd. I always have a thing of lipgloss on me. It is my emergency beauty touch up. Gotta keep those lips shiny!
5) What’s your star sign? Gemini. Moment of truth: Yes, I am totally one hundred percent a Gemini and I own it. Me and my naughty twin!
6) What’s the most heavenly dessert you’ve ever eaten? I am going to sound completely conceited here (I apologize). I made this amazing six layer cake c couple years ago. It was an almond coconut sponge cake with berry compote, vanilla anglaise, and this to die – but literally takes ten years off of my life just to make it – Italian Buttercream frosting. I am always a harsh critic of my baking, but this was pretty darn amazing. It was also incredibly time consuming because everything was so scientific, thus why it took ten years of my life.
7) Are you more laid-back or up-to-date with your style? Definitely up to date. I love following what is en vogue, at the same time, I will wear what I feel comfortable in even if it isn’t the trendiest.
8) Would you rather direct a film or write a book? Write a book! Hopefully some day I will have my J.K. Rowling moment…Or at least half of that…Okay a quarter? I am not picky I swear!
9) Out of all the countries you’ve visited so far, which one do you consider to be the most beautiful? France. It was life changing for me. And I think that created much of my love and passion for it. The saying there is beauty in the breaking is incredibly true. As well as in the healing. Also how can you resist the French country side and the Tullieries and Versaille gardens! Incredible!
10) Would you rather watch a new TV show or re-watch an old one? Ooo this is a hard one. I think it depends on the show. I am excited for that new show with Hailey Attwell called Conviction. At the same time, shows like Gilmore Girls, Greys, or NCIS I could just waste the day away watching.
11) If you could choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be? I am going to go with Diverse. I have my hand in so many different cookie jars. From my “Smart” side with politics, Russian, and History. To my “Artistic” side with writing, fashion, and creative design. To my “Bohemian” side with travel, and unable to settle down. I am quite diverse in my pursuits and ambitions. Pretty sure that sounded really cliche.
My nominees are:
Here are your eleven questions! Have fun loves! I can not wait to read your answers!
1) What is your song of summer?
2) Do you have a secret talent?
3) What made you start blogging?
4) Coffee or tea?
5) What city or country are you dying to visit?
6) What is a fun fact about yourself?
7) Do you prefer the book version or movie adaption?
8) Nude lipstick or red lipstick?
9) What is your favorite app or site?
10) What is one beauty product you can not live without?
11) What is something you are looking forward to in the next few months?